Sunday, June 5, 2011

the end of Mayrocco - on to Peru!!!!

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed my Mayroccan adventure...I absolutely want to go to Morocco!!!! Oh man, it looks so beautiful and I really liked some of the Moroccan food I made (which I'm sure was nowhere near as good as authentic versions would be!)



Even though May is over, I watched "The Man Who Knew Too Much" last night. Alfred Hitchcock directed Jimmy Stewart and Doris Day in this exotic and suspenseful mystery, and even though I hadn't seen it in years and years (thanks for showing it to me when I was a kid, dad!!!), it was great to see several memorable scenes that I had forgotten were part of the movie, plus I really enjoyed the footage of Marrakesh - souks, street performers, outdoor marketplaces, etc.

Here's one of the less suspenseful scenes in the movie that shows Moroccan dining (Jimmy Stewart's character is a bit out of his comfort zone:)):





Well, for this month I've decided to profile Peru. Here's what I know about Peru coming into the month - it is in South America, Machu Picchu is there, and I heard on NPR that they had an election today....I have much to learn!!!! Here's a few pix to whet your appetite:






1 comment:

  1. Peru should be good, I am looking forward to this month's entries!!

    ReplyDelete